APARTMENTS AND AMMENITIES
The recently renovated apartments are situated in a 120 years old house (UNESCO World Heritage). During the renovation we deciced to keep intact as much as possible the original features of the house. This results in one of a kind apartments were tradition and comfort live in perfect harmony. The wooden ceilings with original beams, the original roof structure and the rock walls make it feel like you’re entering the house like it was 120 years ago. This combined with features like floor heating, rainshowers, Wi-Fi, a modern and fully equipped kitchen gives you the best of both worlds.
The apartments have a private garden (south oriented), with tables, seats a bbq and sunbathing beds. Here you can relax and enjoy the sunset on the surrounding mountains after a day of exploring.
Our multipurpose storage room can be used by cyclists to store and dry their equipment after a day out; in winter this becomes the skiroom. The private parking has also a designated area for bikers.
LOCATION AND TOWN
The town of Rocca Pietore is one of the few remaining peaceful, quiet and authentic villages. At full moon you will be able to see the moutains and valley lighted up by the moonlight under a clear sky. You will have visist from foxes, deers and roes. In Mid-September you will hear the belling of the deers.
Rocca Pietore has a small supermarket with fresh meats, cheeses and bread, at walking distance from the apartment. Furthermore there is an icecream bar, with excellent gelato (and wine, Aperol Spritz,..).
The strategic position of Rocca Pietore gives you the possibility to explore the best of the Dolomites from 1 central location. Starting from your apartment you can easily reach following sites :
- Marmolada Glacier: highest glacier in the Dolomites, known for it’s important role in the Great War and it’s ice city. Reach the top and become King/Queen of the Dolomites. Make sure to visit the highest museum in Europe on your way down (free entrance) -10min by car
- Alleghe: lovely town with an enchantig lake. Explore all the sides of the lake which will offer you a one of a kind perspective on the town and the beautiful Civetta mountain behind it – 10min by car
- The site of Lagazuoi and the Five Towers will let you experience the Great War all over again. Trenches, bunkers, fire holes, bombs, tunnels and watchposts await your arrival! – 40min by car
- Sella Ronda/Passo Pordoi: this majestic mountaingroup, famous for the many cyclists in summer and skiers in winter, will let no one untouched. Go up and be amazed by the beauty of the Dolomites – 40min by car
- Bramezza, Sasso Bianco, Valle Ombretta, Lago Coldai, Lago Fedaia, Portavescovo, Pian Fiaconi,… are just a few of the scenic hikes you do. These hikes can be adapted to your level of fitness and experience. We will gladly inform you about the possibilities and help you find the right solution.
- Skiing: during winter the Dolomitisuperski area is one of the most famous skiresorts in Europe. The perfectly groomed and long slopes and the enourmous amount of sun will make you never want to return home!
Still not convinced about the endless possibilities? Check our activities page.
Apartment Pelmo is situated on the lower floor of the house. This apartment has it’s own independent entrance and has direct access to the garden. It offers spleeping possibility for 4 to 6 people. You enter the apartment through it’s wide corridor, which will give you access to the living area with kitchen, 2 bedrooms […]
Apartment Marmolada is located on the ground floor of the house and offers the possibility to sleep with 6 to 8 people. You enter the apartment through the original door of the house and enter the large corridor, which gives access to the living room with kitchen, 2 bedrooms and the bathroom. The kitchen is located […]
Duplex Sella is located on the first and second floor of the house and offers the possibility to sleep with 5 to 7 people. You enter the apartment through a hallway that gives you direct access to the living room with kitchen and the bathroom. The kitchen is located in the living room and allows you […]
Duplex Civetta is located on the first and second floors of the house and offers the possibility of sleeping from 5 to 7 people. The apartment is accessed through a corridor which gives direct access to the living room with kitchen and the bathroom. The kitchen is located in the living room and allows you […]